imperial violet

MORE TICKLES THAN PUNCHES

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

insults and injury

the rain has stopped. and i rejoice.

the boy who beds down amongst maple leaves has sent sweet regards via electronic mail. and i flutter.

but the gods mock me. i think it is because i wrote these words-

"alas, i have lured no suitors to my chamber these windswept days..."

-and accidentally set a very sad set of cosmic matchmaking in motion.

*note: while technically true, the sentence was meant as tongue-in-cheek self deprecation. i'm not really sitting at home dipping potato chips in caramel sauce, while watching 'sixteen candles' on tbs at 3am.

or am i? someone thinks so. in my yahoo inbox this morning-

"You shouldn't always be sitting home on the weekends.  You need to find someone
special to go out with. I recommend you check out Friday Night Plans and arrange a date for next Friday!
Why waste another evening sitting in front of the television?  Stop moping and start
having fun! Get out there and fill up your dating schedule.  You CAN find the person of your
dreams, if you put in the effort.

Wishing you love, happiness & Friday Night Fun,
Christina :-)"

who is this smug, condescending chistina, that she has the audacity to smiley face me? me? the chicanery. perky christina admonishes me to stop moping? the shame. how does she even know i'm moping? sure, i got a little blue, what with the rain and all, but moping? that's harsh. and what's this jive about my lack of effort? i'm all kinds of efforty.

christina just doesn't understand.

the humanity.