imperial violet

MORE TICKLES THAN PUNCHES

Friday, June 17, 2005

hail hail the gangs all gonna be there

wish me luck, kind folks.

i'm off to utah for the wedding of the mom.

suddenly, i'm inexplicably terrified. i love my soon to be step-dad. i'm psyched for my mom. there is nothing bad or foreboding about the occasion at all.

but i woke up this mornng all knotty and stomache churny and doomy-fied.

is it the sprawling brood of my mother's eight sisters, most of whom i haven't seen since the surreal funeral of my grandma? the pressure of being a maid of honor in front of such a various and sundry cast of characters? am i worried about going home again?

or maybe i just ate a bad batch of falafel last night.

it's gonna be great. really. i'll send a dispatch from zion, detailing the festivities.

assuming the plane doesn't crash.